Even the transfer of a modest business involves many complex issues that that average business owner or shareholder might overlook. Our team of business experts can lead you through the complexities and ensure that there are no unexpected surprises during your business transaction.
We regularly provide advice in the following situations:
- Acting for both purchasers and vendors (bidders & targets) of private (and publicly listed) businesses.
- Providing advice on both share and asset purchases including advising on the structure of the sale and purchase agreement and the investment vehicle (whether it be a company, limited partnership or joint venture and the preparation of the associated shareholder, partnership or joint venture agreements).
- Advising minority investors.
- Advising vendors and purchasers on suitable warranty packages.
- Advising on the process and preparing various documentation required under the takeovers code.
- Advising on NZX/NZAX compliance.