Our business team provides reliable, shrewd, accurate advice for clients making important business decisions in the modern world.
I have been extremely impressed in all of my dealings with Cavell Leitch. The business team are true specialists in their field and display a blend of expertise, outstanding service and personal warmth that is rare in most lawyers. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.
Some of our recent projects have included:
Advising around the creation of an on-line casino.
Franchising a nationwide food retail business.
Providing framework and lending advice around restructuring a multi-million dollar family investment portfolio.
Providing IP and ideal structure advice around a new retail business.
Resolving a difficult minority shareholder situation that had completely hamstrung the business operations.
Joint Venture between two of Canterbury's largest building companies produce factory-built homes in big numbers.
- Moving to a Retirement village – are you ready for the move?
- Key issues facing our sports broadcast rights market
- Shop Trading Hours Amendment Bill – Adding to the confusion?
- Directors must perform their duties properly or face potential liability
- Match-Fixing and Corruption in Sport and Sponsorship Agreements - Protecting your commercial position
- TPPA - Extension of copyright protection period in New Zealand - Impact on businesses and creatives
- Fighting organised crime and money laundering
- Incorporated Societies
- Limited Partnerships
- Software Licence Agreements
- Insight into the Financial Markets Conducts Act 2013
- Establishing a business in New Zealand
- Unfair contracts
- No more fibs - businesses must be able to back up claims
- Too good to be true? Godfrey Hirst v Cavalier Bremworth
- Timely reminder of directors’ duties
- Equity crowd funding is about to take off in NZ
- Important changes to the Companies Act
- Start-up businesses to have better access to investors
- Electronic contracts - when has an Agreement been reached?
- Be aware of imminent changes to our trading laws
- Employee Share Schemes under the new Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013
- Business Structures
- Disputes and Deadlock between Shareholders
- New Authorised Financial Advisers Code
- Care needed when goods held by another business
- Franchise Agreements
- Directors Duties