Emma provides advice around a range of business and commercial matters and is an expert in sports, entertainment and media law.
Emma obtained her Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts (majoring in Media and Communications) from Canterbury University.
During her time as in-house counsel at global sports and entertainment giant WME│IMG, Emma gained a wealth of experience, knowledge and a unique insight into the multi-national, multi-billion dollar sports, entertainment and media industries and the legal issues facing its market leaders.
Emma has the knowledge and skills to provide comprehensive advice to athletes, clubs, federations, governing bodies, broadcasters, multinational media companies, rights holders, agencies, production studios, distributors, event promotors, sponsors and other stakeholders in the sports, entertainment and media industries across a variety of legal matters, including:
- Commercial sponsorship and endorsement deals
- Media License Agreements
- Sports governance
- Protection and licensing of intellectual property rights
- Personal image rights
- Talent and other representation agreements
- Television production agreements
- Protecting creative works (including copyright licensing and infringement issues)
- Media rights acquisitions
- Venue and event management
- Publication and broadcasting rules and regulations
- Broadcasting, digital media and social media rights and distribution
- Digital technology development agreements
LLB (Canterbury) 2010
BA (Media/Communications) (Canterbury) 2010