Our employment team comprises recognised experts in employment law and associated areas of specialism. They provide comprehensive, yet commercially sensible advice and support.
Exceptional service - professional - down to earth - personalised. The employment team represented Cavell Leitch to such a high standard, I was so impressed.
For me, I would not want to work with anyone else. When any employment issues arise they make sure I am fully supported throughout.
Some of our recent projects have included:
Successfully defended a personal grievance for constructive dismissal and a claim for breach of health and safety obligations (culminating in work place stress)
Advised on and assisted with a business wide restructuring resulting in the disestablishment of seven roles and a significant change in employee functions.
- Pay your employees, or pay the price
- Christchurch employer banned from employing staff for three years
- WWOOFers - an update.
- Hot heads, walk outs, and cool downs – a warning note for employers
- Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 has teeth
- Calling the shots on disciplinary issues in sport
- WWOOFERS, volunteers or employees?
- Things to be aware of when offering employee Premiums.
- Restructuring? Top tips to ensure you stay on the right side of the law.
- Are your employment agreements compliant?
- Constantly sick employees and non-genuine sick leave. When is enough, enough?
- Trial period provisions continue to cause headaches for employers in New Zealand
- Workplace Health and Safety – Horizontal consultation requirements could catch you out!
- Personal liability for breaches of minimum employment standards
- Employment Law Update - Changes are coming
- Significant Changes to Employment Legislation Proposed
- Can an employer make deductions from an employee’s final pay if the employee fails to give the required notice?
- Flexible working arrangements
- Changes to break entitlements reflect a modern workplace
- Social media pitfalls in Blylevens v Kidicorp Limited
- Employee incentives
- Consequences of the new drink-driving limits for NZ employers
- Increases in New Zealand's paid parental leave
- Proposed new laws to address online abuse
- Health & Safety Reforms on the Horizon
- Can you do the Harlem Shake at work?
- Misjudged Social Media Comments
- Calculating Holiday Pay
- Vulnerable Workers
- Trial Periods - Act with Caution
- Drug testing in the workplace
- Restructuring, Risk & Redundancy
- Changes to the Employment Relations Act View More...