Trusts and Estates
As the South Island's largest estates team we advise on the most complex situations - assisting our clients to put their affairs in order or carefully managing their estate to give effect to their wishes.
It is hard to imagine any conversations more difficult than those discussing the death of loved ones. The team at Cavell Leitch were informative, patient, thorough and communicated brilliantly. Simply outstanding!
Some of our recent projects have included:
Dealing with a complex estate with overseas beneficiaries who were unaware of their entitlements.
Administration of an estate fraught with unresolved family issues and seeing it through to completion with compassion and understanding, leaving all family members happy.
Implementation of substantial family ownership structure to preserve intergenerational wealth.
Formation of charitable trust for a specific pacific islands cause including obtaining official charitable status.
Review of a complex family trust structure and implementation of resettlement onto new more clearly defined trusts.
Trusts and Estates Team
- Trusts, Gifting & Residential Care Subsidies
- Lending money to a family member? Make sure you record it!
- Do I need a Will?
- Validation of Wills
- Update on the changes affecting enduring powers of attorney
- Ageing trustees - Does your co-trustee’s diminishing mental capacity really matter?
- Do you know about the changes affecting enduring powers of attorney?
- So you want to write your child out of your Will?
- The pitfalls of DIY Will kits.
- Government proposes new Trust legislation – 60 years since last reform
- Digital Estate Planning - what is it and what do you need to know?
- When attorneys and family members fall out with each other over your property or care, what happens next? A tale of two sisters….
- Does your Trust need an IRD number?
- Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Informal Wills
- Your assets and residential care subsidies
- Trustees must be mentally fit for the job
- Passing away without a Will can cause chaos for your loved ones
- What is the benefit in paying for a Will?
- Family trust law changes on the cards
- Trustee v Executor
- Trusts and the abolition of Gift Duty
- The importance of having an Enduring Power of Attorney View More...