Every situation is different and very few are easy. Our relationships team are genuine experts in all manner of family law and relationship law advice.
I would like to thank the team at Cavell Leitch for the amazing job they did for me in very difficult and emotional times. They were very thoughtful and considerate when dealing with such sensitive issues through my separation and earthquake settlement. Also they went through a complete and accurate process being fully open and informative at all times, with a satisfying conclusion at a reasonable price. Thanks again, I will certainly use you in the future."
Some of our recent projects have included:
Obtaining an urgent Protection Order for a client who was being threatened by her partner
Reaching an amicable relationship property settlement and custody arrangement (where the initial breakup had been hostile) without the need for Court intervention.
Successful claim against an estate where one child had been left out of a will.
Relationships (Family) Team
- KiwiSaver – I thought it was mine?
- Who keeps the bling?
- Review of Property (Relationships) Act 1976
- Lets mediate - how can mediation assist in relationship cases?
- Separation – What happens to the children?
- What's love got to do with it - Things to think about when immigrating to New Zealand
- Property Issues for Separating Couples
- Relationship Property - unequal division on separation
- Are you the Guardian of your child?
- A summary of the 2015 and 2016 New Zealand child support changes
- Your children are precious; make sure they will be looked after if you die
- Section 182 - a possible trust busting tool
- But they gave me their word!
- The potential pitfalls of parents’ kindness by helping children into their first home
- Is a Separation Agreement necessary?
- I want to move, but can I take the kids?
- Bitter exes can inflict a lot of damage via social media
- Care of children - important court changes
- When separation beats trust protection
- Issues and claims arising from death
- Police Safety Orders
- Relationship Property after Death
- How separate property can become relationship property View More...