We are interested in people.
Our team works hard, but the people and the working environment at Cavell Leitch are the best the industry has to offer. The work is challenging but enjoyable and the opportunity to grow your career is in your hands.
If you are going to spend a large amount of your life working you may as well work in an award winning firm that is vibrant, committed to growth and rewarding.
It you would like to make a difference then we look forward to hearing from you.
Graduate / Law Clerk
End-to-end conveyancing in a fast-paced residential environment
Working actively across the full range of residential property law and practice
A passion for great client service, working with a varied client base.
The role is best suited to a graduate/law clerk with a passion for property. With the support of a number of senior solicitors and partners, you will have the opportunity to grow into all areas of our property team inclusive of residential, commercial and rural.
In this role you will be expected to:
• Receive instructions directly from clients, partners or more senior members of the team on all aspects of legal work in area/s of legal specialisation.
• Meet and interview clients to establish the firm's suitability to provide the necessary advice and services, based on the firm’s specialist legal disciplines and likely cost.
• Ensure clients’ needs are fully identified and appropriate and cost-effective advice and solutions are given
• Respond to client inquiries promptly and efficiently
• Maintain completeness of file contents so that the file fully and accurately reflects the status of work completed
• Actively identify and leverage opportunities to grow the firms client base in line with the firms strategic direction
We are looking for someone who is well-organised and time-efficient. You are highly self-motivated, and you wish to drive your learning & development. You have strong people skills, and a real focus on generating a great team spirit. You are comfortable with and have an empathetic approach to dealing with a wide range of clients, and to meeting their needs. Good computer skills would help(but we don’t expect an IT expert).
In return, you have the opportunity to build a long-term career with us. Cavell Leitch has a positive and supportive culture and is very mindful of the contribution of its team, driving a great balance of high quality service to our clients, professional expertise, very competitive salary/benefits packages with a strong social scene and wider community engagement/involvement.
If you require more information about the firm, please visit our website: https://cavell.co.nz.
If you wish to find out more about the opportunity or you wish to submit your application, including a covering letter and Curriculum Vitae please contact Kimberley Sewell, HR & Service Advisor on email@example.com or call Kimberley on: 03 335 3452.
Applicants must have the necessary rights to work in New Zealand.
We will not be accepting any applications through agencies at this time.